Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Good day, dear readers! I hope you’ve been enjoying my Healthy Holidays the PK Way series! In case you’ve missed a few posts, here’s the current round up of my favorites; just click on the dish for the recipe:
- Day 1: Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Rosemary Onions and Cranberries
- Day 2: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions and Toasted Hazelnuts
- Day 3: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Buttercream
- Day 4: Salad Inspiration (Make it Your Own!)
- Day 5: Stuffed Portobellos
- Day 6: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Day 7: Peanut Butter Balls (gluten free)
- Day 8: Oysters with Spicy-Sweet Mignonette
- Day 9: Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Day 10: Kale and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- Day 11: Lobster Bisque
- Day 12: Pomegranate Martini (aka, The Holiday Diva)
- Day 13: Triple Chocolate Biscotti
- Day 14: Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
On this, the midpoint of our 30-day journey, I take a break from all of this fabulous food and drink to gently guide you to my top ten tips for eating healthfully during the holidays. And by that, I mean making choices that allow you to indulge in a way that lets you avoid making that tired resolution to lose weight come January.
I do want to be clear that far from a sad little list of “Do This!” and “Don’t Do That!,” mine takes a positive approach by providing strategies of how to enjoy. Is is, after all, the holidays—and I’m just as much about the food as you are. (Obviously, given my list above.) And I follow all of these tips, too. Which are currently inspiring me to make sure I get to the gym today since I blew it off last night to go out drinking. True story.
This month I’m sharing my “best of” recipes and tips to help you celebrate the holidays healthfully and happily. The menu features all of the fare that is a regular part of Cooking & Eating the PK Way but is special enough for a holiday table. My philosophy is built upon the fundamentals of nutrition as shown in Harvard’s Healthy Eating Plate, yet the food-loving PK Way features my flair for global flavors—and a tantalizing taste of moderation. Because healthy food shouldn’t suck.